Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

So another great benefit of being home this past week was that I was able to be home for Mom's birthday celebration... and man did we celebrate! On Sunday, after the Zeta Reunion, Abby and I met up with Dad's side of the family at Brewbacher's for lunch. We had cake and party hats, and I got to spend some time with my Maw-Maw. It's rare that I have that opportunity, so I'm glad I was able to take advantage of it. This was cake and Happy Birthday #1 for Mom!
On Tuesday night, I met up with my parents and their friends at "The Bay" to celebrate Mom and Aunt Becky's birthday. I love my mom's friends. Although they aren't my friends, I have a unique relationship with several of them and cherish the fact that we are close as well. Below is my Mom and her "breastest" friend Aunt Becky who just celebrated her birthday as well. This was Happy Birthday Cake #2!
And on Wednesday night, Abby and Doody had the family over to their house to celebrate October birthdays (Mom, Uncle Tim, and my cousin Cullen). Doody cooked roast beef po-boys and gravy- AMAZING! We did what we normally do at family events... sit around, talk, and laugh together. It was a great night, which of course included cake #3! Cullen and Mom share a birthday, so we called him up and sang to him too.
My Mom is such a giving person. She pays attention to details and makes the little things important for all the people in her life. It was so nice to see her showered with love from all the people in her life. Thanks for letting me celebrate with you Mom. I had a blast, and am glad I was able to be there. It's been too long since I've been able to celebrate your birthday with you!
PS- Check out the amazing birthday cake Abby made. She ran out of icing, but it was still delicious. Thanks for being the hostess with the mostest Abbs!

No comments: