Friday, October 23, 2009

Halloween Prep with Sissy

One of my favorite things I did while in New Orleans was to spend the day in Chalmette with my Sissy. She picked me up from Mom's house on Monday morning after class, and we were able to spend the whole day together. Abby went through Mom's Halloween decorations on Sunday night and was able to pick out some to bring to her home. Mom let me do the same thing last year when Layne and I had our own home, and I was excited for Sissy to take home some things herself. Kimbeaux even got to pick out some decorations for her house too!
We hit up the Big Lots and Dollar General in Chally and were able to get some decorations for the outside of the house on Karen Drive. We put them up together, and they look great! Abby and Doody are having everyone over for Halloween this year, and I love that their house is ready for the big party!
When Doody got off of work, we went down to the French Quarter to go pick out pumpkins at the pumpkin patch. Doody's brother Travis (who is my age) and his girlfriend joined us, along with Maggie and Lucy who were both celebrating their second birthday. The weather was great, and it was a nice afternoon.
Thanks for the quality time with the Donnelly family! I enjoyed sharing the day with them.