Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pride and Prejudice

Have I mentioned before that Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen) is one of my favorite books of all time? I hated it the first time around, but when Abby had to read it in high school I gave it a second chance and fell in love.

I enjoy re-reading the book, and while I enjoy the movie with Kiera Knightly, the BBC six hour mini-series is the bomb. And while I know that should be enough, it isn't. When I was in college, a guy I was dating bought me my first Pride and Prejudice sequel. Jane Austen didn't write one, but there are hundreds of authors who have tried. And if your lucky, you'll stumble across a good one.

I went to the library this week to return some books and stock up for this week, and you'll never believe what I found. A sequel. A new sequel... hot off the press.

Jane Austen started her novel with the statement, "Any man in possession of a large fortune must be in want of a wife." But this author has taken the novel to a whole new world.... "A married man in possession of a dark fortune must be in want of an eternal wife..."

That's right, today I'm starting a new novel titled Mr.Darcy, Vampyre and I think it's going to be great. Once I get back from my junior league meeting, I'm diving in. Yay for summer reading! I loved it as a kid, and still do today.

No comments: