Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Special Surprise!


I feel bad for Layne sometimes. The man gets no slack when it comes to surprising me. I'm just a very observant person, and it's been hard for him to pull off surprises. I found out about the concert tickets for my birthday before Layne gave them to me. He even got busted when he was going to meet with the jeweler about my engagement ring. So you can imagine my surprise when I got flowers delivered to me at work this week.

Layne knows I'm not a girl who wants to be given flowers. I think they're beautiful, but I hate spending the money on something that has such a short lifespan. Just leave it to my husband though to find a solution. Layne found out about a company called Infini-Flowers. It's a small company, a mom working out of the house, and she creates these environmentally friendly, bio-degradable flowers. They're great for people with allergies, and are a perfect solution for hospital patients. I would have loved to give these to my Granny.

So for a Valentine's Day treat this year, Layne special ordered a bouquet of purple and gold irises, with a few Fleur de leis scattered about. They are the perfect size to sit right on my desk at work, and they bring a smile to my face every time I notice them.

Would it be completely disgusting if I gushed about how wonderful Layne is, and how perfect the man is for me? Okay- I'll resist the urge. Just wanted to let you know that I had it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: