Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Little TLC for the Eyes

This isn't a very exciting blog post, but I just wanted to share my good news!

I've been without my glasses for a few months now, and its been a little painful. My eyes are tired from staring at a computer screen for 10 hours a day, and reading multiple books a week doesn't help. The result- I am now slightly farsighted. My mom bought me two pairs of glasses before I got off my parents insurance plan in 2006, but both of those went MIA. One pair disappeared. I thought I had left them at the Newell's house, but they never surfaced. Who knows where they ended up. The other pair was stolen from my office... at least, I'd bet some serious money that is was the cleaning crew. That used to be a problem at the office. Glasses, wallets, IPods. It was really weird.

Anyways, I had to wait until February for my insurance to pick up the tab, and with the cost of frames, I knew I should wait. It was painful... literally, not wearing my glasses when I read gives me headaches, and you know how much I read. But thats all past us now. As Reece used to say, "Ta-da!" Below are my new glasses. I had Layne snap a quick shot when we were on our lunch break at the house today.

I've got another pair coming in soon that they had to send out for insurance purposes. This pair is my "backup." They're fun, and are a little different from my old glasses. The frame has a rounded lens. Layne says you can see more of my eyes with these. He's a little thrown off though. The tortoise shell pattern isn't symmetrical, and that is going to take some getting used to. (Snicker.)

Hope everyone has a Happy Hump Day! Only 10 more days until G-Baby's Birthday!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: