Friday, February 6, 2009

Mardi Gras Mambo!

Get excited- because I am SO excited. It's official. Layne and I are coming in for Mardi Gras! At first, I was going to come, because the thought of missing out two years in a row was unbearable. But then I started to feel guilty about spending the money and leaving Layne at home, especially when we're trying to save to get our garage door fixed. (That story is pre-blog, but would have been perfect for it now that I think of it!) Back to the point...

I wasn't sure if I should still come in, but how could I miss G-Baby's 21st Birthday? I mean, seriously, it's like the end of an era. The Orkus clan is officially all grown up. So we worked it out.

Layne and I are going to go see Stephen referee his college game on Saturday evening at 4pm. The three of us will be packed and ready to go, and will get on the road as soon as his game ends. It'll be great- cause Stephen will have company for the late night drive. We won't get into town until after midnight, but with Amy and crew in town- don't be surprised if you see us making an appearance somewhere. And on Sunday, we'll be on the Avenue at the Taj Mahal. All day... with our family and friends. I hope the weather is nice- cause it's going to a quick trip for one day.

We've got seats on the first flight out on Monday morning. Both of our bosses are understanding, and have no problem with us getting in an hour or so late Monday morning. Bill and Mike- I don't know if you'll ever see this... that thought is kind of scary... but if you do, thank you.

NoLA- here we come. Can't wait to get back to the Crescent City.

You know where we'll be- hope to see you guys soon!

No comments: