Thursday, December 25, 2008

You are Special Today


When we were kids, my Mom had a red "You Are Special Today" plate, just like the one you see above. It isn't the same plate, but my own. My mom gave it to me when I turned 21, and tonight was the first time we've used it in the new house. Sabrina's boyfriend, Scott, received a big promotion this week. (Congratulations Scott!) So to celebrate, he got to use the Special Plate today. It was nice to continue a childhood tradition with the Courts. I look forward to using the plate in our family for years to come.

Do you see the napkins we used at the table tonight? They are blue, like our dining room, and they have C's embroidered onto them. They gave me a set of 24 with different types of lettering as a shower gift. I love them, and they're going to be nice to have when we are entertaining friends and family.

And... we also used our new place settings and trivets for dinner tonight, amongst many other recent gifts we have received. Layne wants to list them all right... I said no. I comprised- Layne's wants to give a shout out for our electric knife. He really enjoyed it when cutting the ham tonight.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: