Monday, December 29, 2008

Santa's Best Suprise Ever

Sometimes, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. This weekend was definitely one of those times. On Christmas, I found out that Santa Claus had the best surprise ever in store for me- he was sending my Sissy to Dallas for the weekend! Abby and I have both had an incredibly busy fall. She was president of our sorority, Zeta Tau Alpha, and spent her weekends tailgating for LSU football games, both home and away. Don't worry- football is my priority too! It has just been a little unusual to see more of Stephen and G Baby this year. Needless to say, the time with Abby was WAY overdue, and I couldn't wait to pick her up at the airport.
She arrived at Love a little after 8am on Friday morning, only they lost her luggage! We were slightly bummed at first, until we found out it would be arriving on the next flight from New Orleans. And since we picked up the luggage ourselves rather than making them deliver it, she got a $50 credit for her next trip to Dallas (which just happens to be THIS WEEKEND!)
Of the 34 hours Abby was in town this weekend, we spent 17 of them running errands and scratching things off the wedding to do list. And most importantly- Babs opened up her very own Macy's card! This is absolutely a Rite of Passage for the women in my family, and I couldn't help but take pictures of such a special event. I know our Granny was smiling down on us as we wheeled and dealed the weekend away. We got jewelry for the bridesmaids, shoes for my wedding dress, outfits for the bridal luncheon and rehearsal dinner, jewelry, etc. We even got steals on a few dresses for the honeymoon, and the Spode Christmas China I'm starting to collect.

The quality time with my sista-face was wonderful. I loved every minute with her and am so thankful for our time together. It was the perfect way to recharge my batteries at the end of a crazy month.

So Santa Claus- if you subscribe to my blog- thank you for sending my Sissy to me. It was the best Christmas surprise ever, and I can't say thankful enough. I promise to be especially nice this year!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: