Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Pieces From Home

It's Christmas Eve, and I'm in Dallas. It's the first time I'm not going home for the Holidays. And I have to admit, I've been a little sad about it. But today, as I was cleaning the house, I noticed all the small pieces of home that have made there way here to Dallas with me.

Our Christmas Tree is filled with ornaments from our childhood- given as gifts filled with personal memories.


I've got my Granny angel and framed picture of Maw Maw and Paw Paw Santa Claus. I've even got the snow covered Jackson Square from last week.


My "See ya at Christmas" Santa Claus, and my decorations passed on from Mom.

So it wasn't as hard as I thought it would, to be without the family on Christmas. Pieces of them are all around me. And the memories of our yesterdays makes me excited about the future tomorrows.
I know. Sappy. But so perfect for Christmas.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: