Thursday, December 25, 2008

Bitty Babies

We have a family tradition on the Reynolds side of the family- Bitty Babies. I actually missed out on the tradition because I was a little too old, but Abby and all my younger girl cousins got in on it. They were all given their Bitty Baby when they were younger, and over the years, they've collected different outfits for their dolls. The American Girl Company makes numerous outfits- they even have matching outfits for kids and their baby dolls. So for Christmas, everyone gets a new outfit. And for their birthdays, they get a new outfit. Get the picture? So now that they are older, they have these beautiful baby doll collections, and even though they may be too old to play with dolls... they know that one day they will have a daughter to share their Bitty Baby with.

Addison and Reece are the flower girls in our wedding, and we wanted to do something nice for them that they would have for years to come. After some thought, I knew what I wanted to do. Bitty Babies for the Court family too! So Layne and I have decided that this is something we would like to do for all of our nieces over the years... and look forward to having more little princesses for us to spoil.

Can you see my wrapping paper this year? It's classic! Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer wrapping paper. It reminded me of my uncle, and I couldn't resist. I even had the stuffed animals to match it for the girls to play with. Addie became slightly attached to Rudolph, and he took a trip back to Prosper last night with the girls.

The girls loved their babies, and the accessories that came with it too. The dolls each have their own blanket, just like Reece and Addie do. And they have a few outfits... play clothes, a dress, and nighties too. They've got a baby bottle, and a bitty bear stuffed animal for the doll.

So here is Aunt Mitzi and Uncle Layne on Christmas 2008 with our favorite nieces. I can't wait to meet all the rest of them that God is going to bless us with one day- no rush though. For now, we're quite entertained by these two!
Aren't the mini's so cute?!?
So instead of getting their big present for the wedding at the wedding, they got their baby dolls now. And at the rehearsal dinner, Layne and I have picked out their first outfit for their Bitty Baby.... a pretty "princess" dress for their baby dolls to wear the same day Reece and Addie are going to wear their pretty dresses.
This is going to be fun.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: