Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

I have alot to be thankful for in life, and although this is somewhat of a generic post, I thought it would only be fitting to spend some time talking about the many blessings I have in my life. So in no specific order...

I am thankful for Layne. I am thankful for all the joy that he has brought into my life, and for the laughter that never seems to end. I am thankful for his support and encouragement, his patience and understanding. He is my soul mate, and is the greatest gift God has given to me.

I am thankful for my family and friends. I have an amazing support group in my life of people who know me, who I can be honest with, who are always there, and whose love is unconditional. I am SO thankful to have them in my life. They are a unique group of relationships... family by blood, family by choice, childhood friendships, adult friendships... I am blessed to have you all in my life. I don't know where I would be without you, and will never be able to express my gratitude for everything you have done.

I am thankful for my job. However crazy that may sound, I am. I love what I do, even on the days where it gets the best of me. I am thankful my career is in an industry that has stability right now, and that I work for a company that has no job security concerns.

I am thankful that I finally have a home in Dallas. Although I've lived here for 2.5 years, it wasn't until I moved into the house that I finally found my home here. With Granny's furniture, some hand me down decorations, and a lot of hard work for the renovations, the house I live in is more than a house, its my home. It feels like me, and their are pieces of my roots all around me. It's perfect.

I am thankful Stephen lives in Dallas. I don't think I need to elaborate much since this is something I've touched on before, but I am thankful Stephen is with me. He is protective of me, he calls me out on my BS, and he is my only person from home I have with me in Dallas. I also love watching him and Layne become good friends.

I am thankful for college football, even when LSU does have a 4 L season. It's a passion, and I'm lucky to have the sport for entertainment. I'll be even more thankful when they move to a playoff system.

I am thankful for the gift of life. Losing people I love has reminded me of what I truly have to be thankful for... every breathe, every day. I'm thankful for the sunrises and sunsets, the birds and squirrels I watch in the backyard, the old couple that walks down the block everyday at the same time I'm driving to work. I'm thankful for the little things that make me and my life experiences unique.

Everyday, I think about how lucky I am, and have to remind myself that it isn't about luck. I am incredibly blessed with amazing people in my life, who have filled my days with love, laughter, and fun. If you're reading this blog, you're one of them. Thank you for everything you have added to who I am and the life I lead. I am truly thankful for your presence in my life, and will be thinking about you all over the Holiday weekend while I'm with family and friends back home. Happy Turkey Day!

No comments: