Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mean Green



I'm going to play the role of a proud big sister and take a minute to brag on my little brother. (Sorry Stephen- don't be mad. I couldn't help myself!) For those of you who don't know my brother Stephen, he is number 2 out of 4. He graduated from LSU this past May, and moved to Dallas to pursue his dream of becoming a professional NCAA referee. I've always admired Stephen for this. This is his passion, and he's good at it. He's dedicated, committed, and pushes himself to excel in his career.

Last night, Stephen was assigned to referee at The University of North Texas, the same DIVISION I athletic program that played football against LSU this year. It was his first DI game of the season, and I speak for the whole family and our friends when I say how proud we are of Stephen.

He got home late last night (late being post 10pm), and walked into the house in his slacks and button up shirt. He looked sharp. That's the way referee's roll in the big league. Listening to Stephen talk about the game, the facilities, all the extra accommodations they had for the ref's, well, it was awesome to hear him so excited.

And while I know it was a small step, and the game wasn't the biggest he'll ever ref, I know the small step was a step. Several base hits score a run too. So here's to my little brother. For another base hit in his career. We are so proud of you... for believing in yourself, for having the courage to chase after your dreams, and for pushing yourself to be the best you can be. You deserve all the good life is sending your way. Thanks for letting us be apart of the ride.

(And you thought it was bad when I got emotional and gushed over you in the living room. Haha.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The Mean Green were in the tournament last year. Go Stephen!