Tuesday, November 18, 2008

1st Lt. and Mrs. Christopher Martinez

My first friend I made when I went to LSU was Lauren McQuiston. She was tall (6' 0"), full of spirit, and really warm and welcoming... until we realized our high schools were State Final Volleyball Rivals (4 years in a row, St. Joes and MCA met at the end). McQ is one of the many reasons I joined Zeta. Abby and I owe her alot for showing us all the good about being Greek. There was once a point in my life when I told my sister I was joining a sorority, and she hung up the phone on me. Yes- the same sister that is now that sorority president. McQ is a big reason for us being there. The first time my parents met Lauren was Mardi Gras 2002. I will never forget the moment in a state of drunken intoxication that she wiped out on the floor in front of the whole fam. My grandpa got the giggles so hard. McQ is a friend who is close to the whole family- she's spent more time with Abby in the past two years than I have. She's honest, a hard worker, organized, fun to chill with... she's a great friend. And on Saturday, she married the man she's loved since she was 16 years old. Congratulations and best wishes Friend Face! You were beautiful, your night was wonderful, and I can't wait to talk to you all about it.
J Todd... My grand little sis came in town for the wedding with her fiancee Gregory. It was wonderful to see her, and her engagement ring. I forgot how much I miss my girlfriends from college. It was WONDERFUL to spend the evening with everyone.

Abby, Gregory, Doody, Mom, and Dad were all there. We missed Stephen a bunch this weekend, but we're really proud of how committed he is to succeeding at basketball. He had to stay in Dallas this weekend, and it wasn't the same without him.


Layne looked great, as usual... sporting his nifty tie that always gets loads of compliments. My dress, if I may say so myself, looked awesome on me. I got alot of compliments all weekend long- gotta love that!
We danced, and we danced, and I've never danced so much in one night in my life. I had a blast- as you can see from above. We did our sorority skit rendition of "It's Raining Men" together, and all the Zeta's laughed so hard our sides hurt. It was an amazing night. I'm glad I was able to see so many friends, and I'm glad I was able to share it with my family.
The Martinez Family will now reside in Abilene, Texas- Chris is stationed there for the Air Force. Only a 2.5 hour road trip away is one of my best friends from college. You think we travel often now? Haha... I won't be able to stay away from my girl. Looking forward to seeing your new home soon!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow! That dress is beautiful. Purple is one of your colors!

As soon as I wrote that, I thought, well, duh. :)

Christine said...

looks like you all had a great weekend!