Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Bachelorette Party

I am spoiled. Since we were in town for McQ's wedding, my sister put together the most amazing bachelorette party. I couldn't have dreamed of something more perfect for me. As the facebook invite said, "If you love the Tigers, and you love Mitzi too, come celebrate at the tailgate, before she says I Do!"
Layne even got a little Aggie representation of his own. Never mind that we start it with Geaux rather than Gig 'Em. It's what we call compromise. And the theme of the bachelorette party, which I had never even thought of before, was 55 days until Gameday! That's right, the most important kick off of my life is on January 10th, 2009, and we spent all day celebrating the good times to come.... by having a good time. I love a good Louisiana Saturday Night!

My Dad and the Lovely Brides to Be... less than 7 months now for Abby and Doody!
And for those of you who haven't had the pleasure (and yes, I mean pleasure) of experiencing LSU, I thought I would show you a picture of my second house of worship... Tiger Stadium... also known as Death Valley. It was COLD on Saturday, and the crowd wasn't as strong as usual for the rescheduled game, but the Tiger fans who did show up showed up in style.
We made a special trip to the liquor store, just to purchase a round of jager bombs. What started off as a small group wanting to get tanked turned into a large group doubling the trouble. For those of you who don't know this about me, I've been waking up on Saturday mornings in the Fall for the past 7/8 years and starting off my day with the statement, "It's gameday, bitches!" Amy (I think it was Aimes) gave a wonderful toast, ending in "55 days till Gameday, Bitches!" (how appropriate) and there went an entire bottle of Jager. Like that. Even Dad got in on the action.

I loved having Abby and Amy with me throughout the day. They are so different, yet so similar at the same time. Personality wise, you'd think they were the sisters. Until you party with Amy. And then you realize that there really isn't anyone quite like her. She's in a class of her own. Layne of course, is the center of our attention here. He hangs with the crew like a champ. Some outsiders would be overwhelmed walking into such a large family that knows each other so well. Not Layne. He fits right in. For the sake of his career, I've decided to withhold the pictures of his 30+ second keg stand. What can I say? My man is a man who can party like an 19 year old.
Like I said, we missed Stephen all weekend long. And we didn't take this picture to rub it in that he wasn't there. We just wanted to let you know that amidst all the drunken debauchery... you were on our minds. It just isn't the same when we aren't all together.
Another great shot of my personal Mecca...
We lucked out and were able to all sit together at the game. It was BRUTALLY cold. And we played terrible. We didn't see the comeback. By the time LSU started to fight for the W, we were nice and warm inside Bogie's, enjoying Ladies Free drinks until 10pm. As you can see below, we were in the mood to share, and loaded up the table with beverages for the first part of the evening.
I had a great time. A wonderful time. I was in heaven just being around my people. Everytime I turned around, I was surrounded by people who I know and love, who know me and love me. It's a great feeling to have, and something that I dearly miss being in Dallas. That's okay though... wedding season is officially here. And this was the perfect kickoff to the next two months. Again- thanks to everyone who made this possible. You made me feel so special. Thank you for the time and the effort, and for going out of your way to make this happen!

No comments: