Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sewing 201: Tote Bags


Last night I headed over to my 2nd sewing class at Jo-Ann's. I had a blast, and as you can see, my tote bag came out pretty well. I've learned sewing basics... and last night we focused on measuring and creating a pattern. It was pretty simple, and I learned several new things. I'm glad I went, and am looking forward to Sewing 301. That's a two part class, and I'll be making a pair of capri pants and a matching top. My goal is to get to the point where I can sew clothes for myself, so I'm pretty pumped to already be getting to that stage.

In family news, my Aunt Ellie went to the emergency room last night. They were worried that she had a blood clot, but as it turns out it is only a torn muscle. I say only, not that it isn't painful, but in terms that it isn't life threatening. Love you Aunt Ellie, and I hope the pain isn't too bad. Don't worry... when you get to Dallas, I'll carry you all around Macy's on my back if I have to.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: