Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Quick Trip Home- Good for the Heart

I'm back in Dallas safe and sound after our whirlwind trip to Baton Rouge and back. McQ-nez and I definitely made the right decision to go support our friend. Seeing Ragan was absolutely heart breaking. She held herself together incredibly well. She laughed and smiled at moments. I know it will take time... lots of time... for her heart to find peace, but I know she'll be okay. I know we'll be there for her in the days and weeks to come. I am so thankful for the blessings in my life. I am so inspired to be a better friend and a better communicator. Despite all of the pain, this was a beautiful reminder of how special and precious life is and how lucky we are to have each other.

To all my girls- Zeta Love and Mine

Monday night we were able to go out to dinner to celebrate Dad's birthday. The McQuiston family came with us, as well as Nan. It was a really nice night. I am so lucky my family dropped everything so we could have quality time together. I spent the night at Greg's and was sad to leave him and Stephen, but glad for the small time we had together. Abby was at the services on Monday night and Tuesday morning. It was nice to have her hand there to hold onto. Everyone was in tears... being with each other makes all the difference. I cried when I had to leave her. Labor Day can't get here soon enough.

Tonight, I'm taking Sewing 101 at Jo-Ann's. I'm SO excited. I think we're making a pillowcase. I can't wait to show you my creation.

Life is good. Life can be challenging, but life is good. Everythings gonna be alright...

No comments: