Friday, August 7, 2009

3 Day Update and Thank You's

To update everyone on my three day efforts:
  • I started my training yesterday and walked 2.5 miles. Today, I'm headed to the gym for 30 minutes of cross training. Saturday I've got an 8 mile walk planned, and Sunday I'll be walking 6 miles.
  • Monday will be my day of rest- and I'm already looking forward to it.
  • I don't have the right walking shoes. I've got two spots on each ankle that have been rubbed raw- not acceptable.
  • Good news is that Luke's Locker and Run On offer special discounts to people participating in the 3 Day. Wohoo for 15% off!
  • Thank You to my sorority sister Heather Matthews, my sorority sister and BFF Sara Crow and her husband Jeff, and Brian's girlfriend Megan Lipe who have combined to donate $50 this week. With minimal effort I've already raised 2% of my goal. I know I can do it. Thanks for being the first ones to contribute to my cause.
  • I'm looking for good music to jam to while I'm strutting my stuff around the neighborhood in the summer heat. Recommend something awesome that will help keep some pep in my step. I'm looking forward to some diversity in my music lineup!
  • Last night's choice? That's easy! WICKED! I danced through the neighborhood, and feel sorry for anyone who had their windows open. You can never go wrong with a musical...

Like I told Layne last night... I really believe my Mom is still alive and with us today because women like Nancy Brinker starting raising money for breast cancer research, awareness, and education in 1978. I am forever indebted to those women's efforts, and am honored to be able to make the effort that I am right now. All I need is for you to do your part- $10 from 230 people... only 225 to go!

Have an awesome weekend everyone! I'll be sure to let you know how my training efforts faired next week!

No comments: