Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Girls Trip III

"After all, you can't truly be happy if you've never known pain. You can't truly feel joy if you've never felt heartbreak. You can't really know what it's like to be filled unless you've been empty." -Kelly Cutrone

I saw this quote on facebook this week. Heather Huth sent it to Amy Armstrong, and it made my heart break... because it's true. If I could, I would have done anything to take the pain away from both of them. Two of my closest friends, two of my oldest friends... I hate that they have to carry around the baggage that they do. No one should lose a sibling so early in life. But the truth is that by the time someone is in their late twenties, almost all of us have something we're carrying around. I just consider myself lucky to have them there. Without saying words, those two know exactly what to say and do to bring a smile on my face. Our last girls trip was to Fort Lauderdale in April, but we're due again. It's been a tough spring/summer. So what do we have slated for the Fall? NEW YORK CITY! I know I can't take away their hurt, just like they can't deal with mine for me.... but just being together makes all the difference.

(Thank GOD Layne understands that!)

No comments: