Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Girls...

I am on cloud nine. I got a kitchen pass from hubs for a little vacation in April. After Easter, I'm going to get on the road and drive back to NoLA. I've got some friends I'd love to see in Houston and Baton Rouge, not to mention New Orleans. And on Wednesday the real fun begins- Heather Huth and I are flying down to Fort Lauderdale to spend the weekend with Amy Armstrong and Megan Lipe. These girls are some of my besties- we grew up with each other. There is no judging, just accepting. We know who each other is, we know what makes each other tick. There are no secrets, no need to say anything. Heather brings laughter into our lives. I'm the sentimental one. Amy has always been the glue that keeps us together. Megan is a new addition. She's been dating Amy's brother Brian for over a year now, and we're looking forward to quality girl's time with her without Brian. There is something about these friendships that is hard to explain. But when I'm with my girls, my soul is rejuvenated. Somehow, just by being together, I'm reminded of who I am and where I come from. I'm reminded of my strengths, and what makes me me. And I walk away feeling confident, comfortable in my own skin. I don't need to go to the spa for a makeover... I just need my girls. And I can't wait. Only fifteen days and they're mine.

1 comment:

korey said...

miss me??