Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Birthday G-Baby!

I couldn't resist the opportunity to gush on my baby brother a little bit, since he turned 22 this week on the 23rd. All of a sudden, I'm starting to feel that I'm getting old at 27, and our family is REALLY old! It's weird when I think back to when we were kids... I actually have clear memories of you!
Layne and I were so excited to be there to celebrate your birthday this month during Mardi Gras. Thank you Abby and Doody for having us all over to celebrate. We had a great time just "being" with everyone.
As a kid Greg, you were one of a kind. You were charasmatic then, and you have continued to be one of the most charasmatic people that I know. Look at the way your foot is loving on Abby. You still have such a sweet spot in your heart- you're a lover, a cuddler, an open bro-mancer.

You stood out as a kid when we traveled as kids, and were asked to particiapate in events on stage. It happened all the time. It still happens now... except you're on national TV and the front page of the paper.
Over the past few years, you have matured so much. Your work hard, play hard mentality is a committment you have excelled at, and all of us are so proud that you will graduate as the Orkus with the highest GPA. Catherine is wonderful, and she brings out the good in you. I love seeing you so happy, and I love that you found someone that is such a good match for you.
You continue to bring your friends into our lives, and I am continuously amazed by the quality of these young men. The work hard, play hard right along with you, and value the same things. It's been impressive. When Layne and I come home, we enjoy spending time with them as well.
I am so thankful to have you as my little brother Greg. I love our phone conversations, and I love our time together. You're a great brother, but you're an even better friend. I've learned so much from you through the years, and I'm always inspired to be more like you. People gravitate towards you- you have a gift, and I can't wait to see how you put it to use in the future.
Life has good things in store for you, and Layne and I are thrilled to be your friends along the ride. After four tests this week, I hope you have a blast tonight. I love you!
And there is no saying Happy Birthday to Greg without saying Happy Birthday to Anne, Abby's BFF since they were 3 and our sista from another mother. We wish we could have been with you to celebrate this week!

No comments: