Friday, July 24, 2009

Wild Wild West...

So for the past three days I've been out in West Texas with 12 other co-workers. We were there to take a tour of a facility in Odessa, and it ended up being a 3 day little vacation get-away.

The work portion of the trip was great, and was definitely worth the time. There are so many tools, so many different types of equipment in the oilfield... it's a challenge to really stay on top of them and their best practices. Although I've run several of the tools, it was great to be able to take the time to refresh my memory... and it didn't hurt to have some skilled hands with us who were able to answer our questions.

Pros: Great BBQ at KD's, awesome live bands at The Shack in the Back and The Ranch, a night long shuffleboard tournament, and lots of laughs with my co-workers. I really enjoy the people that I work with, and that's a big plus.

Cons: I was the DD and ended up shuttling people home from the bars in shifts, and I didn't get much sleep. I am terrible when I don't get the sleep I need. Watch out Layne... here's the warning. And oh yeah- we were supposed to go catch a Rockhounds game, the Oakland A's AA baseball team, but it got cancelled.

I'm tired, glad to be home, and can't wait to see Stephen who is up here for the weekend. I don't have a car at the office... but as soon as I can catch a ride, it's nap time! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: