Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Years!

When I finally got back to Dallas, Layne picked me up and we went back to the casa- for a last minute impromptu LSU Gameday Gathering! Mark Hill worked with Layne at Constructors, and he and his wife brought over some DELICIOUS chicken and sausage gumbo and potato salad for the game. Lauren and Chris Martinez drove in from Abilene with another sorority sister, Nicole Appleton, who is in town visiting for the week. Stephen and Kim were at the casa... and it was the perfect storm.

What do you do with a bunch of crazy coon a$$'s who were jacked up after demolishing Georgia Tech in a game that 76.4% of America predicted we would lose? Celebrate! We headed uptown to The Quarter Bar on McKinney, and met up with a bunch of Chris' Air Force buddies who were also in town. The Quarter Bar feels like Louisiana, and was the perfect choice for this rowdy group!
Stephen, Joy and Mark Hill, and Kimberly
I may have just stepped off of a plane and missed half the game, but that didn't stop me! I threw on my gameday attire (ahhh...) and a much needed ball cap, grabbed my FABULOUS new LSU purse, and walked out the door.
It was wonderful to spend time with the Martinez family! They have been in Abilene for a month and a half, and McQ has already been to the house twice. Layne and I can't wait to visit their first home in Abilene when we get back from the honeymoon. Lauren showed me her new Texas license when she was here... who would have thought me and my little St. Joe's hoe would end up as Texas residents? It's nice to have them so close by, and I'm looking forward to all the good times in the future.
Our New Years plans were up in the air until New Years Eve, but ended up being a blast! Our heads didn't hit the pillows till after 4am, and we didn't make it out the bed until noon. We spent the day ushering in 2009 watching football, and I can already tell... 2009 is going to be a good one!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: