Friday, October 17, 2008

I know, I know. You can't believe what you're seeing. But that's me, and yes, I was potting plants. I inherited some beautiful pots when Granny passed away, and I love them. It's been a crazy week, and the weekend is going to be even crazier. So in order to calm down and have some relaxation time to myself, I thought I would make some fall arrangements. This is going to be addictive. I can tell.
A few months ago, a group of girlfriends (SWRL Scouts) went to Calloway's Nursery and learned about potting plants. We each did our own, and took it home with us. Mine is now dead, but I thought I would give my green thumb another chance. With Stephen, Layne and I at the house, there is definitely a sense of permanence in my life. And these should last until Thanksgiving time- when it's time to whip out the poinsettia's.

Do you see the mini pumpkins I threw in for some seasonal flair? I know you must be proud of me Mrs. Carmen! The mums are just starting to show color, and there are even little mini peppers in there to give it a little Texas twist. And for those of you from NoLa who remember Granny and Grandpa's garden- can you make out our little friend sitting out on the edge?

I brought a CD player outside and had some relaxing Zen music on in the background. And I enjoyed myself so much, I didn't even mind the clean up that was necessary after. (I tore the patio apart!) It made for a great afternoon activity, and the weather was perfect. Cool, with a slight breeze... I love the fall!




3 comments:

Pam said...

The pots look GREAT! Chris has to do all the planting around here because I have a brown thumb!! I am glad things are going well in Dallas! Can't wait to see you all in January!!

Pam

reesie said...

Granny's pots look great, they remind me of her so much. She and Grandpa loved their graden. I love your blog, and i love getting the update on your life as do my friends in Lake Charles as I read it to them :)love and miss you lots and i need to plan a trip to dallas. SOON!
-reesie

JeffNKara said...

Your potted plants look great! I work at Calloway's and I wanted to tell you about our YouTube contest, there will be three winners who get $500, $200, and $100 gift card good at Calloway's. If you are interested go to www.youtube.com/mytexasgarden for the rules, and good luck - you have a shot just video taping and explaining what you did.