Monday, October 27, 2008

Home Sweet... Colorado

I've finally made it out to Colorado for my first introduction to my new areas of responsibility. Our field office is located in Greeley, CO, and I already know I am going to love it here. I lived in Colorado Springs for two months after I graduated from high school before I started at LSU, and have always loved the mountains. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that NoLA is flat, and there aren't any rocks. You drive along the highways here, and see outcroppings. I know- dork! I'm about an hour from Rocky Mountain National Park, and I'm looking forward to making a long weekend trip. With work picking up the flight to get here, it's pretty convenient.

Right now, I'm eating lunch at this awesome dive in town call Randy's. There are four fracs this week, and we've got two drilling rigs. It'll be busy, but so far the people have been great. I can't wait to stand outside in the cold tonight and see stars. I lucked out with the weather. A high is coming through, so the temp will vary between the 30s and 60s all week long.

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: