Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wicked

My husband loves to spoil me, and he is so good at it. This year, for my 27th birthday, Layne bought me two great tickets to go see Wicked at Fair Park. The show was incredible. It was my fourth time to see it, and it was absolutely hands down the best cast I've seen yet. I could go on for paragraphs, but I'll bite my tongue. I'll talk your ear off about it though if you're interested.

Last night, I was really spoiled. At the shows intermission, my husband sprinted out to be the first in line. He treated me to a Wicked sweatshirt, which I love, and am wearing as I type. But this is the coolest thing Layne did all night... Infrared Hearing Devices.

You wear these with the buds in your ears and the bar hanging in front of you. It costs $2 to rent for the show, and it COMPLETELY enhances the audio experience of the show. You were able to hear the individual percussion instruments, and every word being said. There was no lag time, it was perfect. JUST perfect. If anyone is going to the theater, this is a MUST TRY.

I love this show, and it has alot of meaning to me. I have also seen it with some of the most important women in my life, and last night, I cried a happy tear when I thought of the many ways you have changed me "for good." Mom, Abby, Nan, Claire, Aunt Cindy, Megan, Aunt Ellie, Erin, Aunt Leslie, Amy, Heather, Aunt Melanie, Sabrina, and Jessica.... here's sending a hug your way.

Thanks husbie... once again you knocked it out the park.

No comments: