Sunday, June 6, 2010

Quick Update

This will have to be a quick update. There is SO much to share, but NO time in the Court house this month. June is C-R-A-Z-Y.

  • We found a place to live and put a deposit down! Layne and I will be moving downtown to the Interurban Building. We found a loft we love, and are downsizing from 2350-1050 square feet. We leads us to....
  • GARAGE SALE! We decided yesterday to have one on Saturday, which is so our style. But Layne has come through big time. The man knows how to organize a project and get it done. Our front room and the garage are filled with things we will be trying to sell. It's actually kind of alarming how much we had that we don't need.
  • I'm getting rid of books. I know, I can't believe it either. But I have three boxes in the front room that are just waiting to be sorted and tagged. There are some things... like Harry Potter... that I will never part with, but there are still some great books in there. If you're another reader and you want to chat about pulling some for you, just call. We'll put them in the truck going back to New Orleans.
  • Yes- we'll be sending a truck back to New Orleans. Granny's table is coming back (Nan) and her bedroom set (Mom), along with the green armchair (Greg), petroleum engineer material (Lo Simoneaux) and possibly some lawn equipment (SteveEaux). We're cleaning house, so call it if you want it.
  • I start school tomorrow! And my first textbook arrived yesterday! I'm a little intimidated, but I'm excited as well. Good things ahead...
  • I take the GMAT next Monday. Only 8 days left, and still more prep work to do. (By blogging I'm already procrastinating.) Old habits come back quickly.
  • And we close on our house on June 24th. There are still a couple of house projects we have to finish for the inspection (5 to be exact), but we still have time. Right?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and that summer is kicking off well. It's made its presence known here in Texas. and everyone can feel it. :)

No comments: