Friday, June 5, 2009

Riding Lake Tahoe... In Memory of Kathy Reynolds

This weekend, I have a friend who is doing something special in honor of my Granny. Sarah Bennett is a co-worker of mine. She's a Petroleum Engineer who graduated from Montana Tech in 2006, and we started work at Merit together. I've enjoyed her friendship for the past three years, and would have been lost without her. Sarah was out with me the night I met Layne. She was INCREDIBLY supportive when Granny was sick, she is the co-owner of our Fantasy Football team, and she is a die-hard OU fan. Why, I'll never know. She's a good friend, with a great heart, and this weekend she is giving back.
Sarah just left for Lake Tahoe with Team in Training, an organization that raises money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. This weekend, Sarah will be riding 100 miles of beautiful terrain, and has committed to raising $4400 for the cause. Check out her link below:
I'm not the world's biggest fan of asking people for money, so I'm not, but I am letting you know about this in case you are in a place or feel moved by the spirit. Every dollar counts, and Sarah is already 87% of the way there. As you can see on her web page, Sarah is riding in memory of my Granny, Kathy Reynolds. I know a card would go along way, and I would love to let Sarah know how many people her gesture has touched.
I was so touched when Sarah came to me about this. I am so blessed to have made the friends in Dallas that I have, and I am blessed that the people who have walking into my life are so giving and generous. Sarah never met my Granny, but she has met my extended family. She knows what Granny and Grandpa made and shared with each of us, and will be thinking about her as she pushes herself through the uphill terrain.
Leukemia may have taken Granny from us, but it doesn't always have to be that way. Because of people like Sarah, there will be a change.
Thanks for being a do-er Sarah, and thanks for thinking of my Granny. I can't express how moved I am. We're rooting for you!

No comments: