Friday, May 8, 2009

Household Upgrades

We work. We travel. We spend time with family and friends. We try to keep up on house chores, and when we have some extra free time, we're working on those finishing touches our house so desperately needs. So last night, with a little direction from our interior designer, I worked on a little "recession decorating." Like Scrow said, who knew egg noodles could be so pretty? My favorite is the jar with the four colored beans all stacked. Aren't you impressed?

And two more points: The picture framed at the top is of my Granny and my nan. They are the cooking inspirations on the Reynolds side of the family. Christine is framed on the left side of the stove. She is our inspiration on the Court side (along with Mrs. Carmen, but I didn't have a picture of the two of them). And two- see those coffee beans? Yes... that's Louisiana's finest, community coffee. Some people may say my obsession with my roots is unhealthy. I say it gives me the warm and fuzzies, so keep it coming!



I know the photo quality isn't great, but these were late night pictures on the iPhone. (11pm is WAY late on a work night for us.) Brina and Scott came over after work. We chowed down on some tacos, and they helped us hang up our drapes. Slowly but surely, it's coming together. I love what the drapes do for the dining room and reading nook.



And yes, that is a pile of dirty clothes on the chair that need to go to the dry cleaners. Most people would have moved them for the picture, but I figure if you're reading the blog, you're not surprised.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. We're in New Orleans again, celebrating Naomi's birthday (karaoke style at JB's), Mark Armstrong's graduation from Loyola, and Mother's Day. So to all the Momma's out there- Happy Mother's Day. You deserve it- especially those with children under ten. We'll be thinking about you.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: