Monday, April 6, 2009

The You Are Special Plate and Aunt Annie's Pretzels

I suffer from a severe syndrome- I don't directly acknowledge it often, but I know I suffer from it. It's called Sibling Pride. I'm not sure if its because I'm a big sister, or because I come from a big family, or if its because my siblings are just absolutely amazing... but I've got the fever. I love to brag on Stephen, Abby, and Gregory. Don't get me wrong- "G-Baby" can still be as aggravating today as he was 20 years ago... but I am so proud of who my siblings are growing up to become. Abby's wedding is just around the corner. She's marrying the love of her life, and I truly love and respect Doody for the man he his and the woman he has helped Abby to become. Stephen is chasing his dreams. Despite all the odds and all the obstacles to be a professional referee, he isn't afraid to put himself out there to find happiness. And Gregory, my G Baby, has been on the Dean's list for years. He defines the work hard/play hard balance every college kid needs to find. They aren't perfect... but they sure have impressed me.

And today, I have another wonderful reason to brag on a sibling. Drum roll please....

Abby got accepted into LSU's Nursing School today!

The next three years won't be easy, just like it wasn't easy for Abby to get into nursing school. They changed the program regulations and requirements which has definitely caused some stress along the way- but the bottom line is that her hard work paid off. It always does.

My siblings are such an inspiration to me. Congratulations Abby for getting into nursing school! Congratulations Mom and Dad- your children's accomplishments are a reflection of you guys. And congratulations Doody- it takes a strong man to stand beside a strong woman, and I love the support you show my sissy.

Wish I could be there to celebrate with you tonight Babs! If I had it my way, we'd be sitting at your kitchen table with the You Are Special Today plate and Aunt Annie's pretzels, enjoying your good news. Here's to your graduation on May 15th, and to the second one in 2012!

No comments: