Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Quick update...

We didn't go camping this weekend. Layne and I ended up with the weekend in town, and it was really just what we needed. We got a long list of to-do's taken care of, and with the exception of our yard, we're in great condition for the next month and a half of chaos.

Abby had another wonderful surprise this weekend! She was honored as the Outstanding Greek President of the Year. There are more than 20 Greek organizations on LSU's campus, and Abby has given a piece of her heart to Zeta, especially over the past year. Being president isn't easy, as I learned through my friend-face Lauren McQ-nez, who also received this honor when we were seniors (1st year seniors, that is). One of the main reasons Abby delayed going to nursing school was so that she could serve as chapter president, and I am so proud of her accomplishment. I know this is a little validation that she made the right choice when she decided to stay at LSU- and I'm glad. I was a big proponent of the idea!

Stephen spent the weekend in North Carolina. Out of respect for my baby brother, who doesn't want me blabbing his news to the world, I'll resist as much as I can. But, everyone who loves my brother should know that he referred a game this weekend at UNC-Chapel Hill, in the Dean Dome. It was unlike any experience in his life, and I couldn't be happier for Steve O. I can't wait to see him this weekend and hear more about it.

Layne had a tough day at work yesterday- so Super Wifey to the rescue! I knew what my man needed... that's right. I strapped on my LSU apron and got to work. We had Sweet and Sour Shrimp soup (a new personal favorite- because its easy to make, takes no time, and we have most ingredients at the house) and a fresh salad. I little shout out to Monica and Chad- we used our salad spinner that you guys gave us as part of our wedding gift. We thought of you. Layne was my sous chef, and that seemed to do the trick.

And, last but not least, my cousin Jennifer and her husband Brian had their third child yesterday. A little boy, Keegan James, was born on his big sister Ainsley's 5th birthday. Congratulations to the Finnans, I can't wait to meet the little man!

No comments: