Sunday, September 14, 2008

Oh Abby... I wish I shared a room with you.

There are moments when I wished I still shared a bedroom with Abby, although I'm sure she hasn't missed my messy, disorganized self since I left 1108. After a wonderful weekend spent with Mrs. Carmen, Mr. Wayne and the Court clan (more to come later), Layne and I came back to the casa to organize our life and get things together. The wedding is only 4 months away now, and there are a lot of details that still need to come together. So as I'm sitting here in the living room with football on TV and wedding paperwork spread all over the floor, my mind drifted away to Abby.

There were many times when Abby would get so frustrated and annoyed with my messy side of the room, she would just walk over and start cleaning up. She'd get me started folding clean clothes and putting them away, and then she would start organizing me things. I mean, Abby was in third grade, I was in seventh, and Abby was trying to teach me to clean up and get organized. She was in first grade, and would lay out her clothes every night before school. The thought never crossed my mind. Like night and day.

Yet here I am, at twenty five, wishing that I could fly Abby here just for a few hours. I know she's busy, but could we possibly spare the money and just fly her up to Dallas for a few hours next Sunday? Layne could cook us breakfast after I picked her up from the airport, by noon all my paperwork would be organized in a binder. My three o'clock, I'd have an organized budget with all the important decisions made and a game plan for how to get everything else done. Abby could be back to Baton Rouge for her Zeta Executive Committee meeting. If only Abby was still my roommate...

No comments: