Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!

No... Santa Claus isn't coming down the chimmney anytime soon. They're coming... to your city. That's right. College Football is here. After a serious sports draught this summer, today was the first Saturday that I was able to roll out of bed, move to the coach, and turn on my favorite TV show, college gameday. Layne was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, and made coffee and breakfast and delivered it to me on the couch. I love the history of the collesium, the Wolverine vs. Irish rivalry, Ohio State making a fool of themselves in the national spotlight... again, I even love looking beastly when playing a cream puff. I love the feel good stories and the heart players have. I love the underdog and the upset (as long as it isn't LSU). And I really want to go to a new NCAA stadium every year of my life. So in no particular order, here are my top 10 college footbal stadiums to catch a game at:

1- Notre Dame: Rudy, Touchdown Jesus, and the Brothers of Holy Cross; 'nuff said
2- The Big House: the Wolverines may be struggling this season, but their tradition speaks for itself
3- The Rose Bowl: UCLA and USC have such storied pasts, it's a must
4- Oregon: Not only do the ducks have the coolest jerseys every year, the acoustics are supposed to be out of this world
5- Rocky Top: I'm dissapointed that I never got to Neyland Stadium to see LSU play Tennessee when I was in college... but that's okay. Now when I finally get there, I'm going to pull up to the stadium in style and dock my boat. Tailgating on the water is a MUST!
6- Texas: I know, I'm marrying an Aggie. But I'm secretly hoping to get Layne and my future brother in law Chad to a Texas vs. Texas AnM game in Austin sometime soon. Don't worry, I'll bring my taser with me. I'll have more criminals in my sight while watching UT play that any other time in my life.
7- Boomer Sooner: I've seen OU play at the Superdome, but that wasn't enough. So this year (Yes! This Year!) I'm going see the wagon at home and the damage Sam Bradford can wreck.
8- Happy Valley: What is there to say? A white out at Happy Valley would be a one of a kind experience that I can't wait to have!
9- Virginia Tech- Blacksburg looks SO appealing. Gameday has been there one to many times for me not to go check it out myself.
10- Florida State- I may have to wait until former LSU Offensive Coordinator Jimbo Fischer is head coach, but I'm looking forward to seeing Miami or Florida stroll into Tallahassee. Talk about in-state rivalries. The talent in FL is ridiculous!

Of course, LSU isn't on this list cause I'm a frequent patron. Seeing Georgia play in between the hedges was an amazing experience, and Athens is a college town favorite. Texas AnM's Kyle Field was an original experience unlike any game I had been to before. Alabama, Auburn, the Swamp... all impressive. The college football experience is unlike any other sporting venue I've been to. The rivalry games, the passion, and the traditions make September- December the best time of year. So wake up on a Saturday morning, pour that cup of coffee, sit on the couch, and relax. Tell Corso he's an idiot. Wear your team colors, and get pumped up. Who knows. Next week, they could be coming to your city.

1 comment:

Layne Court said...

An original experience? That is the best you could come up with?