Monday, December 14, 2009

Where Have I Been?

It's been three weeks since I've posted, and I'm feeling a little guilty for neglecting the blog. The time has flown by. I stopped and thought, where have I been? But then I realized I've been all over.

Thanksgiving break was an awesome escape from Bloomington. The girls needed to get out of the house, and I needed to get back to Layne. I flew into Dallas, and then the two of us drove into New Orleans for a long weekend with the family. I didn't take pictures, but I definitely should have. Aunt Leslie celebrated her 50th Birthday in style with a night of Broadway musicals. Layne and I partnered up with Amy, Heather, Bill, and my mom's friend Ms. Nancy to perform a few songs from Annie. Layne was Daddy Warbucks. I was an orphan. The weekend flew by too fast. We had friends and family over on Sunday in Dallas for New Orleans style Roast Beef Po-Boys we brought back with us, but I was definitely under the weather and ended up sleeping through most of the day.

The following weekend, Layne's boss flew me back into Dallas, just for the night for Building Solution's company Holiday Party. It was about 16 hours total travel time for 27 hours with Layne, but it was well worth it. We drove around Dallas Saturday night after the party, drinking hot chocolate, listening to Christmas music and looking at Christmas lights... and I was in my own little heaven. The next day I went to DSW and purchased two pairs of insulated, winter boots just in time. I made it back to Bloomington just in time for the first snowfall of the season. I now think 40 degrees is a warm day. Man has my perspective changed.

Life in the Zeta house is keeping me busy. There is never a dull moment. The job isn't easy, and it definitely isn't something I'm made for... but more about that sometime soon.

I've been spending my free time studying for the GMAT. I've been saying for awhile now that I want to go back to school, and with my husbands support, I've started to take action. More about that later too.

On Wednesday, I'm driving into Indianapolis to go to the NCAA College Hall of Fame. Around 4:30, I'll be picking Abby up at the airport! Wohoo! On Thursday, we're planning on heading back to Indianapolis to check out Zeta Tau Alpha's International Office and have lunch with H-Matt, who is now the newly wed H-Matt Kirk. Neither of us have been to IO, and I'm looking forward to checking it out and sharing the experience with Abby. And on Friday, we hit the road. We'll be making the 13 hour drive back to Dallas and plan on meeting up with the newest member of my Dallas family- Ellyson Newell. That's right, Ben and Jessica gave birth to a beautiful baby girl last week.

The next two days will be spent doing laundry, packing, and preparing to transition with the new House Director. The week is going to fly by, and I can't wait to get home to Dallas.

And a quick sidenote: Happy 30th Birthday Week to my wonderful husband Layne! I may not have been around for much of the first 30 years, but I sure am looking forward to watching you grow old over the next 30! Sorry I won't be there on Wednesday, but I promise we'll make up for it this weekend!

No comments: