Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday Funday!

Since I'm back in Dallas and off of work, I get to spend some quality time with my favorite 5 year old, Reece. She may be one of the only people who I look forward to getting out of bed at 7:30am for. We started our day off with arts and crafts, and then we watched Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. We were getting hungry at that point. Reece asked for lasagna or ravioli, which is way out of my range, and the pantry is bare. So off to Chick-fila we went.
We passed by the pet store, and Reece asked if we could stop to get Kelly Dog a Christmas present. Kelly is Mrs. Carmen and Mr. Wayne's dog, that Reece absolutely adores. How could I deny that? So we picked Kelly up a pack of toy bones, and checked out the dogs, cats, rats, mice, lizards, snakes, birds, and fish. I didn't like it one bit, but my niece loves animals. She loves them all, and she wanted to take home one of each. Sorry if I contributed Chrissy and Chad...
Since Reece ate all her chicken nuggets, she was able to convince Aunt Mitzi to take her to get some vanilla ice cream. WRAPPED. AROUND. HER. FINGER. And she knows it. How am I supposed to tell the girl no? I tried not to be a complete push over. I refused to buy Reece a book at our pit stop at Barnes and Nobles, but we did get a Christmas gift for Addison there. After taking this picture Reece said, "Could you hold my purse please? I've got some shopping to do." I almost busted out laughing in her face. It's a good thing Brina called me this morning and warned me about Reece's shopping problem. I can't wait to see what it blossoms into as she grows older.
We came home, wrapped Christmas presents, made a card for Paw Paw because "he is a special person and that's what you do when special people get sick." We watched the Backyardigans, munched on some popcorn, and before we knew it Chad was picking Reece up to go home. Below are tid-bits from our conversations today. I can't help but laugh.
R: Why aren't you working like everyone else today?
M: I don't have a job Reece. Instead of getting a job, Aunt Mitzi is going back to school, like you.
R: But you go to school to learn things.
M: That's right. There are new things I want to learn about.
R: My mom doesn't have to go back to school. She already knows everything.

(Talking about our elf on the shelf...)
R: You have an elf like Nate too, except your elf looks really old.
M: Yep. He's been my elf since I was a little girl.
R: No wonder.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: