Stephen has been gone for two weeks now. Don't get me wrong- I love living with just Layne for the first time ever. But there were some definite benefits about having my brother live with us.
- I never got homesick for NoLA. A piece of home was here with me.
- Who is going to help me open the jelly when I go home to make a sandwich for lunch?
- We always had a friend hanging out with us at the house.
- Stephen was always up for the midnight grocery run to Wal-Mart. Layne thinks Wal-Mart is Satan in disguise.
- We lost our personal trainer (who we should have taken better advantage of).
- Stephen actually learned to cook- and he was good at it.
- It was nice to split chores for a 2300 sq foot house between three people.
- The house is too big for just the two of us. It seems a little empty now.
- Stephen called me out on my BS in a way Layne never dreamed of. He kept me in line.
- My siblings are some of my closest friends. I didn't have friends in Dallas when I moved out here, and it was a nice change having one of them with me here in Dallas.
Sometimes, I go sit in the back bedroom and stare at the Lil Wayne poster because it reminds me of Stephen. But that's okay. I'm sure after I clean his bathroom this weekend I'll be singing another tune.